The weather in Florida is generally hot and sunny all year round. It does, however, get cooler in the winter. Here is my personal advice for dealing with the weather:
- Never trust what they forecast for the weather. Weather forecasters are insanely inaccurate in the micro. I don’t even know how they keep their jobs. Days forecasted for rain can be completely clear. Days forecasted for sunshine can become rainy quickly. You can’t plan on their information.
- Do not trust even what you see in the morning to predict the day for weather. When it looks nice outside it can quickly become pouring rain. When it looks rainly, it can change for a beautiful day.
- Always be prepared. Carry a windbreaker or ponchos for rain. Dress with layers so you can adjust if it gets cooler. Purchasing extra gear at the theme parks can be expensive. Better to have it in your backpack.
- Wait it out and don’t stress. A rainy day can become your opportunity for a wonderful day as the crowds clear out.
That said, here are some resources for up-to-date weather information…if you like to gamble.
- Mike’s Weather Page or on Facebook
- WeatherBug app – They have monitoring stations at Disney Magic Kingdom, EPCOT, Hollywood Studios, etc.
- Meterorologist Eric Burris on WESH2
- WFTV9 Weather Center
Fortunately, Orlando is pretty safe compared to the coasts of Florida.
Duke Energy provides electricity for the Lelani Beach Club at Windsor Island. That runs all the appliances and the heating and cooling system for the home. Check out the Duke Energy weather prepardness page for storm safety information.